Today, I paid my respects to one of the sweetest people on earth. 🤍🤍🤍
Mrs Louise Kisor passed away last Friday. She lived to be 98 years old. I took this pic 10/10/2017. She was never one that liked having her picture taken. I was honored that she allowed me to take it that day. It made me feel special. I couldn’t post it, but I could take it lol
Phyllis and I laughed. We said that she can’t fuss at me for posting her gorgeous picture tonight. She might be fussing in heaven lol.
Here’s what Mrs Louise’s 98 years of living taught me.
- Always wear a smile. There was NEVER a time that I saw her, and she didn’t have a smile on her face. What a gorgeous smile it was. 😊
- Always look your best. There was never a time that I saw her that she wasn’t fashionable.
- Keep your hair done. I never saw Mrs Louise with a bad hair day.
- Love has no color. When Mrs Louise had her birthday parties, sometimes, I would be the only African American in the room. It made no difference to her. She loved me still.
- Treat people the way you want to be treated. It goes with number 4. If you show respect, you will be given respect.
- Honor your mother and your father. Your days will be long. This is a commandment in the Bible. Obviously, she got that right. She lived 98 years on earth.
- Travel. She had a daughter that lives in New York. She didn’t mind going to visit, but she was coming home. I love to travel.
- It’s ok to be independent. Mrs Louise did not mind doing things on her own. She didn’t look for a handout. If she could do it, she did it herself.
- To thine own self be true. It didn’t matter what others might have thought about her independence, she was a strong woman. She did what she felt was best for her.
- Love God. Mrs Louise was a God loving woman. She was active at her church home and loved her church family.
I could go on and on about her and the things she taught me. You’d be reading all night. 🙃
Mrs Louise, you will surely be missed. May you forever live in our hearts. 💛💛💛